Age: Toddler, Preschool
Equipment: Bean bag
Space requirements: Small space
- While standing in a circle, children pass a bean bag around the circle.
- Add more bean bags and encourage the children to work together to keep the bean bags moving.
- Physical skills: passing and receiving an object; eye-hand coordination; spatial awareness
- Non-physical skills: sharing; cooperation; critical thinking; problem solving
Adjust the challenge:
- Children can try sitting instead of standing.
- Progress to throwing and catching the bean bags.
- Have bean bags moving in different directions.
Activity modified from: Ophea Early Learning Resource