Equipment: Tape or chalk, bean bags
Space requirements: Small space, open space
- Set up a large tic-tac-toe grid using tape or chalk.
- Children alternate throwing different coloured bean bags with a partner to try and get three in a row.
- Physical skills: throwing; eye-hand coordination; aim and accuracy
- Non-physical skills: critical thinking; predicting; pattern awareness; concentration
Adjust the challenge:
- Children can work with their partner to try to get three in a row.
- Increase the distance children need to throw their bean bags.
Activity modified from: Sudbury Children’s Services Physical Activity Resource Guide for Child Care Centres