Age: Toddler, Preschool, Kindergarten
Space requirements: Open space
- Have the children set up in a small circle, with one child in the middle. There should be 4-6 children in each group to allow for increased participation. If there are more children, use multiple circles.
- The child in the centre kicks the ball toward one of the other children. The child receiving the ball tries to stop the ball with their feet.
- They gently kick the ball back to the child in the middle.
- Change the child in the middle often.
- Physical skills: sending and receiving an object; kicking; eye-foot coordination; aim and accuracy
- Non-physical skills: sharing; cooperation; self-discovery
Adjust the challenge:
- Children can roll, bounce or throw the ball.
- Increase the distance the ball has to travel.
Activity modified from: Ophea Early Learning Resource