Equipment: Dome cones
Space requirements: Open space
- Scatter dome cones throughout the space.
- While children are moving around the space, call out a colour of cone for the children to find.
- Each child moves to the colour of cone identified. More than one child can go to each cone.
- Physical skills: movement skills; spatial awareness
- Non-physical skills: listening and following instructions; sharing; cooperation; colour recognition
Adjust the challenge:
- Increase the physicality of the movement. Try skipping or jumping.
- Instead of colours, you could use shapes, numbers or letters.