Equipment: Skipping ropes, dome cones, hula hoops, foam blocks
Space requirements: Open space
- Have the children set up in small groups. There should be 2-3 children in each group to allow for increased participation. If there are more children, use multiple groups.
- Provide each group with equipment include skipping ropes, dome cones, hula hoops and foam blocks.
- Each group makes a maze on the floor that they hop through.
- Once children have hopped through their own maze, they switch with another group to try a different maze.
- Physical skills: hopping; reaching; bending; building
- Non-physical skills: cooperation; sharing; critical thinking; problem solving; self-discovery; creative play
Adjust the challenge:
- Children can try different ways of moving through the maze such as crawling or bear walking.
Activity modified from: Active for Life