Age: Toddler, Preschool
Equipment: Balls, basket
Space requirements: Open space
- Fill a basket with small balls.
- Children stand throughout the activity area.
- Roll the balls into the open space for children to retrieve and return the balls back to the basket.
- The children try to keep the basket full.
- Physical skills: receiving an object; eye-hand coordination; spatial awareness; bending
- Non-physical skills: sharing; cooperation; critical thinking; problem solving
Activity modified from: Saskatchewan in motion Daily Physical Activity Manual