Age: Toddler, Preschool, Kindergarten
Equipment: Cards from a memory game
Space requirements: Small space, open space
- Distribute cards from a memory game to the children. Make sure each card has a matching partner.
- Children skip around the room.
- When identified, children find their matching partner.
- Redistribute the cards and play again.
- Physical skills: skipping; spatial awareness; fine motor skills
- Non-physical skills: critical thinking; problem solving; object recognition; concentration
Adjust the challenge:
- Have a limited number of objects on the cards and children get into groups rather than pairs.
- Could use shapes, colour, numbers and letters to extend the learning.