Age: Toddler, Preschool
Space requirements: On-the-spot
- Call out a series of animals followed by â€œfly”. For example, “ducks fly”, “owls fly”, “pigs fly”.
- If the animal that is called really does fly, children flap their arms.
- If the animal does not fly, children stop flapping.
- Physical skills: arm movement; body control; spatial awareness
- Non-physical skills: listening and following instructions; processing information; animal identification
Activity modified from: Sudbury Children’s Services Physical Activity Resource Guide for Child Care Centres