Age: Preschool, Kindergarten
Space requirements: Open space
- Have children sit in a large rectangle, and number them off.
- Call out two different numbers, and those children must stand and run around the rectangle.
- They do two laps around the rectangle before they sit down again.
- Physical skills: running; changing position; bending
- Non-physical skills: listening and following instructions; number recognition
Adjust the challenge:
- Children walk rather than run.
- Instead of numbers, could also use shapes, colours or letters.
- Other children not running around the rectangle march on the spot.
Activity modified from: A Hop, Skip and a Jump: Enhancing Physical Literacy