Age: Toddler, Preschool
Equipment: Skipping rope
Space requirements: Small space, open space
- Hold a skipping rope at one end.
- Keeping the rope on the ground, wiggle it back and forth while the children try to stomp on the rope.
- Physical skills: eye-hand coordination; coordination; spatial awareness
- Non-physical skills: critical thinking; problem solving; self-discovery
Adjust the challenge:
- Move the rope slower or faster.
- Allow children to wiggle the rope.
Activity modified from: Nutrition Resource Centre Busy Bodies