Age: Toddler, Preschool, Kindergarten
Equipment: Scoop, paper balls, basket or bucket
Space requirements: Open space
- Scatter paper balls throughout the activity space.
- Children use a scoop to lift the balls and place them in the bucket.
- Children work together to scoop up all the balls.
- Physical skills: bending; reaching; manipulating an object
- Non-physical skills: sharing; cooperation; self-discovery; critical thinking; problem solving; concentration
Adjust the challenge:
- Children can use the hand not holding the scoop to help lift the balls.
- Time the children to see how long it takes them to scoop all of the balls.
- Play again and encourage the children to beat their previous time.
- Children use their non-dominant hand to scoop.
Activity modified from: LEAP BC (Literacy, Education, Activity and Play) Hop (Healthy Opportunities for Preschoolers)