Age: Preschool, Kindergarten
Space requirements: Small space, open space
- Children skip around the space.
- Call out a colour and a body part and then children run to touch an object that colour with the specified body part.
- Physical skills: skipping; running; bending; stretching; balancing
- Non-physical skills: self-discovery; critical thinking; colour recognition
Adjust the challenge:
- Children walk rather than run.
Activity modified from: Government of Ontario – Education Daily Physical Activity in Schools Grades 1 to 3