Age: Toddler, Preschool, Kindergarten
Equipment: Bean bags, pylons, buckets, tape
Space requirements: Open space
- Children proceed through a circuit performing the following tasks:
Station 1: Children underhand throw a beanbag and attempt to knock a ball off a pylon.
Station 2: Children underhand throw a beanbag into a bucket.
Station 3: Children find a partner to underhand throw a beanbag to.
Station 4: Children underhand throw a beanbag and try to hit a target taped to the wall.
- Physical skills: throwing; eye-hand coordination; aim and accuracy
- Non-physical skills: critical thinking; problem solving; concentration
Adjust the challenge:
- Allow children to choose the object they will have the most success with.
- Children stand farther away from the target.
Activity modified from: Ophea Early Learning Resource