Age: Toddler, Preschool
Space requirements: Open space
- Have children work in partners.
- One child out of each pair tucks a scarf into the side of their pants. This child is the mouse.
- The other child is the cat and tries to remove the mouse’s tail.
- Switch roles and play again.
- Physical skills: running; grasping; eye-hand coordination; spatial awareness
- Non-physical skills: sharing; critical thinking; problem solving; self-discovery
Adjust the challenge:
- Children walk rather than run.
- Both partners have scarves and try to remove each other’s tails at the same time.
Activity modified from: LEAP BC (Literacy, Education, Activity and Play) Move