Age: Preschool, Kindergarten
Equipment: Tape or chalk, hula hoops
Space requirements: Open space
- Using tape, set up a pathway in the activity area. Along the pathway, also set up three hula hoops.
- Set up three bean bags at the start of the pathway.
- A child starts by throwing the three bean bags into the first hoop.
- The child then hops along the pathway to pick up the bean bags from the first hoop.
- The child then throws the bean bags to the next hoop and hops to pick them up.
- The child completes the course and returns the bean bags to the starting positon for another child to take a turn.
- Physical skills: throwing; eye-hand coordination; aim and accuracy; hopping; bending; reaching
- Non-physical skills: self-discovery; concentration
Adjust the challenge:
- Use less hula hoops.
- Increase the distance between hula hoops.
Activity modified from: A Hop, Skip and a Jump: Enhancing Physical Literacy