Age: Infant, Toddler
Space requirements: On-the-spot
- Have your child start on their backs with their legs in the air.
- Hold your child’s feet and move their legs in a circular pedaling pattern.
- Switch the direction you are moving the legs.
- Physical skills: movement patterns; pedaling motion; running motion
- Non-physical skills: self-discovery
Adjust the challenge:
- Move the child’s legs faster
- Have the child move their legs themselves.
Activity modified from: LEAP BC (Literacy, Education, Activity and Play) Move