Age: Toddler, Preschool
Equipment: Bucket or basket
Space requirements: Small space
- Set up a “clean-up train” with no more than four children in each train.
- Children hold onto the shirt or waist of the person in front of them.
- The train move throughout the space looking for toys to put away.
- The child at the front picks up a toy and returns it to its proper place.
- Another child becomes the front of the train for the next toy to be put away.
- Continue until all the toys have been put away properly.
- Physical skills: coordination; bending; reaching; manipulating an object; eye-hand coordination; spatial awareness
- Non-physical skills: cooperation; sharing
Adjust the challenge:
- Encourage the children to move quickly to clean up the space.
Activity modified from: LEAP BC (Literacy, Education, Activity and Play) Move