Space requirements: Open space
- Choose one child to be a tagger.
- The other children try to avoid being caught by the tagger.
- When the tagger catches another child, they join hands and become a chain. The children in the chain then work together to tag other children.
- When the chain reaches 4 children, it splits in half.
- The game continues until all children are part of a chain.
- Physical skills: running; coordination; spatial awareness
- Non-physical skills: cooperation; number recognition
Adjust the challenge:
- Children walk rather than run.
- Children can use an implement to tag other children, such as a pool noodle.
- After getting tagged but before joining the chain, children can perform an on-the-spot physical activity.
Activity modified from: PlaySport.net