Age: Toddler, Preschool
Equipment: Dome cones
Space requirements: Open space
- Children are scattered throughout the space and each child is holding a dome cone.
- Children use their cones like steering wheels.
- On green light, the children move around the room. On red light, children freeze.
- Physical skills: movement skills; spatial awareness; eye-hand coordination
- Non-physical skills: listening and following instructions
Adjust the challenge:
- Have children also perform physical skills when red light is called. For example, perform 10 jumping jacks or spin in a circle and then freeze.
Activity modified from: SportBall