Equipment: Stuffed animal
Space requirements: Open space
- Have the children set up in small groups. There should be 5-6 children in each group to allow for increased participation. If there are more children, use multiple groups.
- Within their groups, have children stand in a row, one behind the other.
- Children pass a stuffed animal down the line, alternating over the head and between the knees.
- When the stuffed animal gets to the end of the line, the last child runs with it to the front and starts the sequence again.
- The game continues until all children have had a turn at the front of the line.
- Physical skills: manipulating an object; eye-hand coordination; reaching; bending; running
- Non-physical skills: critical thinking; cooperation; sharing; predicting; pattern awareness
Adjust the challenge:
- Have children stand in a circle and pass the object in the over-under pattern.
- Encourage children increase the speed once they have mastered the motion.
Activity modified from: Saskatchewan in motion Daily Physical Activity Manual