Age: Toddler, Preschool
Space requirements: Open space
- Children sit in a circle.
- One child is “it” and moves around the outside of the circle and taps the other children on the head. The child either says “duck” or “goose” with each tap.
- The child who is tapped as the “goose” chases after the “it” child and tries to tag them before “it” makes it back to the goose’s spot.
- Children switch roles and play again.
- Physical skills: running; balancing; spatial awareness
- Non-physical skills: listening and following instructions; critical thinking; problem solving
Adjust the challenge:
- Children walk instead of run.
- Make the circle larger so children have a longer distance to run.