Equipment: Dome cones
Space requirements: Open space
- Children stand in a circle and each has a dome cone at their feet.
- Call out a colour. If a child is standing by a cone of that colour, they switch spots with another child who has that colour of cone.
- If you call out “Rainbow!”, all children switch places.
- Physical skills: running; spatial awareness
- Non-physical skills: listening and following instructions; colour recognition; cooperation; sharing
Adjust the challenge:
- Instead of colours, could also use shapes, numbers or letters.
- Other children not switching cones march on the spot.