Equipment: Blanket, infant toys
Space requirements: On-the-spot
- Place a blanket on the floor and place infant toys around the perimeter of the blanket.
- Lay your baby on their front or back and encourage them to reach, kick or touch the toys.
- Use objects with different colours, sounds, textures and sizes to keep the baby interested. Also change the toys frequently to keep the activity exciting.
- Physical skills: reaching; eye, hand and foot movement patterns; eye-hand coordination
- Non-physical skills: self-discovery; creative play
Activity modified from: LEAP BC (Literacy, Education, Activity and Play) Move