Age: Preschool, Kindergarten
Equipment: Stuffed animal
Space requirements: Small space
- Children stand in a circle
- A child starts the game by throwing a stuffed animal to another child in the circle.
- The child who receives the stuffed animal leads the group in an on-the-spot activity such as jumping like a kangaroo, reaching up high and touching the ground or a balance pose.
- Physical skills: throwing; eye-hand coordination; aim and accuracy
- Non-physical skills: self-discovery; creative play; listening and following instructions; sharing; decision making
Adjust the challenge:
- Have children pass the object rather than throw.
- Children can sit down and slide the object.
- Kick the object rather than throw.