Age: Toddler, Preschool
Equipment: Random objects, laundry basket
Space requirements: Open space
- Make a mess on the floor with objects such as balls, bean bags, articles of clothing and blocks.
- Children clean up the space by picking up all the objects and placing them in the basket.
- Physical skills: movement skills; eye-hand coordination; fine motor development
- Non-physical skills: sharing; cooperation
Adjust the challenge:
- Have more than one basket and have children sort the objects as they place them in the bins.
- Time the children to see how long it takes them to clean up all the items. Play again and encourage the children to work together to beat their previous time.
Activity modified from: Sudbury Children’s Services Physical Activity Resource Guide for Child Care Centres