Age: Toddler, Preschool, Kindergarten
Equipment: Plastic bottles, balls
Space requirements: Open space
- Each child has a bowling pin (or empty plastic bottle) and a ball.
- Children roll their ball toward the bowling pin and try to knock it over.
- Children explore different ways of rolling the ball.
- Children also try rolling the ball from different distances.
- Physical skills: rolling an object; aim and accuracy; eye-hand coordination
- Non-physical skills: self-discovery; creative play; critical thinking; problem solving; concentration
Adjust the challenge:
- Allow children to choose the ball they roll.
- Increase the distance between the child and the bowling pin.
- Use multiple bowling pins.
Activity modified from: Ophea Early Learning Resource