Space requirements: On-the-spot, small space
- Name body parts and challenge children to balance with those parts touching the ground.
- Children hold each balance for a count of three.
- Encourage children to attempt to move smoothly from one balance to another.
- Physical skills: coordination; balancing; spatial awareness
- Non-physical skills: listening and following instructions; self-discovery; creative play; body part identification; counting
Adjust the challenge:
- Identify a number of body parts and encourage children to balance with that many body parts touching the ground. Children can choose what body parts to balance with.
Activity modified from: Ophea Early Learning Resource