Age: Preschool, Kindergarten
Equipment: Small ball, bean bags
Space requirements: Open space
- Place a small ball or âjackâ a few metres away from the starting point.
- Children take turns throwing their bean bags toward the “jack”.
- Children try to get their bean bags as close to the “jack” as they can.
- Physical skills: throwing; eye-hand coordination; aim and accuracy; spatial awareness
- Non-physical skills: sharing; concentration; critical thinking; problem solving; self-discovery
Adjust the challenge:
- Decrease the distance the bean bag is thrown.
Activity modified from: LEAP BC (Literacy, Education, Activity and Play) Hop (Healthy Opportunities for Preschoolers)