Age: Toddler, Preschool, Kindergarten
Equipment: Plastic egg, spoon, tape
Space requirements: Small space, open space
- Create a maze in the activity areas using tape or chalk.
- Children move through the maze while carrying a plastic egg on a spoon.
- Physical skills: coordination; balancing; find motor development; spatial awareness
- Non-physical skills: self-discovery; creative play; concentration
Adjust the challenge:
- Add obstacles into the maze such as blocks or cushions that the children need to step over.
Activity modified from: A Hop, Skip and a Jump: Enhancing Physical Literacy