Age: Toddler, Preschool, Kindergarten
Space requirements: On-the-spot
- Have a child roll a die. The number that comes up will determine the activity the children will participate in:
1 – Running on the spot
2 – Skipping on the spot
3 – Balance on one leg
4 – Jump up high and sit down
5 – Spin in a circle
6 – March on the spot
- Have a child roll the second die. This is how many repetitions or how many counts of the activity children will do.
- Physical skills: skipping; running; marching; jumping; reaching; balancing
- Non-physical skills: listening and following instructions; counting
Adjust the challenge:
- Use less vigorous on-the-spot activities such as touching your toes, clapping your hands or reaching up high while on your tip toes.
- Roll more than one die to determine the number of repetitions and have children add the numbers.
Activity modified from: A Hop, Skip and a Jump: Enhancing Physical Literacy (2nd Edition)