Equipment: Black and white or brightly coloured infant toy
Space requirements: On-the-spot
- Select an infant toy that has high contract (black and white) or brightly coloured.
- Slowly move the object from one side to the other side while your baby is lying on their back.
- The baby’s eyes and head will try to follow the object as it moves.
- Physical skills: vision development; head movement; neck and shoulder muscle strengthening
- Non-physical skills: self-discovery
Adjust the challenge:
- Switch the baby to a tummy time position.
Activity modified from: LEAP BC (Literacy, Education, Activity and Play) Move