Age: Infant, Toddler, Preschool, Kindergarten
Space requirements: Small space, open space
- Take turns blowing bubbles with your child.
- Take turns trying to pop the bubbles before they hit the ground.
- Physical skills: eye-hand coordination; spatial awareness
- Non-physical skills: cooperation; predicting; sharing
Adjust the challenge:
- Use a larger bubble wand which will create larger bubbles.
- Pop the bubbles using different actions such as karate chop or clap.
- Pop the bubbles using different body parts such as nose, knees, or elbows.
- Try to catch the bubbles back onto the wand without breaking them.
Activity modified from: LEAP BC (Literacy, Education, Activity and Play) Hop (Healthy Opportunities for Preschoolers)