Space requirements: On-the-spot, small space, open space
- Children move around the space while following the movement of a leader.
- Change the leader and the movement every 30 seconds.
- Physical skills: movement skills
- Non-physical skills: decision making; critical thinking; self-discovery; listening and following instructions
Adjust the challenge:
- Provide a list of movement activities that children can choose from.
- Use more vigorous movement such as galloping or hopping.
Activity modified from: Sudbury Children’s Services Physical Activity Resource Guide for Child Care Centres