Age: Preschool, Kindergarten
Equipment: Laundry basket, clothes
Space requirements: Open space
- Set up a laundry basket with a variety of clothing items.
- If you have a larger group of children, set up multiple baskets and have the children in groups of 4-6.
- Have the children line up in their group and the first child runs towards the laundry basket.
- When the child reaches the laundry basket, they put on every item of clothing and pick up the basket and run back to the starting point.
- When they reach the start, they undress, put all of the items back in the basket and hand it to the next child in line.
- The game continues until all the children have had a turn.
- Physical skills: eye-hand coordination; bending; reaching; balancing
- Non-physical skills: cooperation; sharing; life skills
Adjust the challenge:
- Use less items or items that are easier to put on such as hats, scarves and slippers.
- Add physical challenges for children waiting their turn such as marching on the spot.
Activity modified from: A Hop, Skip and a Jump: Enhancing Physical Literacy