Space requirements: On-the-spot
- Two children face each other.
- One child is the â€śmirror masterâ€ť and makes body movements. The other child copies or â€śmirrorsâ€ť the movements.
- Change roles frequently.
- Physical skills: coordination; spatial awareness
- Non-physical skills: listening and following instructions; self-discovery; creative play; sharing; cooperation
Adjust the challenge:
- Start with moving only the arms and then add in the legs.
- Use full body movements.
- Incorporate vigorous on-the-spot activities such as running with high knees or frog jumps.
Activity modified from: Active for Life