Age: Toddler, Preschool
Equipment: Bag with a variety of objects
Space requirements: On-the-spot, small space, open space
- Fill a bag with a variety of different objects that move in different ways. This could include animals and vehicles.
- Children take turns pulling objects out of the bag and moving like that object while on-the-spot.
- Physical skills: movement skills; coordination; fine motor skills; spatial awareness
- Non-physical skills: creative play; self-discovery; critical thinking; listening and following instructions
Adjust the challenge:
- If space permits, children can more around the room like the object that was pulled.
Activity modified from: Ophea Early Learning Resource