Space requirements: Open space
- Label the corners and two sides of the activity area 1-6.
- Children move around the activity area and when prompted, select a corner or side to stand by.
- Once children are in place, roll a die. All the children at that corner or side run to the centre of the space and perform an on-the-spot activity such as 10 jumping jacks, a one-foot balance for 10 seconds or 10 boxer jabs.
- Repeat the activity.
- Physical skills: movement skills; spatial awareness
- Non-physical skills: number recognition
Adjust the challenge:
- Decrease the intensity of the activities.
- Increase the number of repetitions the children need to perform.
Activity modified from: Active for Life