Age: Toddler, Preschool, Kindergarten
Equipment: Tennis balls, marker
Space requirements: Open space
- Game requires one ball for every two children. Before starting, draw a skeleton on one of the balls using a marker.
- Divide the children into two groups; one on each side of the activity space.
- Put all of the balls along a centre line between the two groups.
- On the start signal, children roll the balls as quickly as possible onto the other group’s side.
- After a designated period of time, children stop playing and try to find the ball with the skeleton.
- The game can be set up to play again.
- Physical skills: sending and receiving an object; eye-hand coordination; spatial awareness
- Non-physical skills: sharing; cooperation; critical thinking
Adjust the challenge:
- Can slide bean bags instead of rolling balls.
Activity modified from: Healthy Beginnings for PreSchoolers 2-5