Age: Toddler, Preschool
Equipment: Small balls, cups or bowls
Space requirements: Open space
- Each child has a small ball and a cup or bowl.
- Children roll their ball and then chase after it and trap it under their cup or bowl.
- Physical skills: eye-hand coordination; fine motor skills; running; chasing and stopping an object
- Non-physical skills: self-discovery; creative play; critical thinking; problem solving; predicting
Adjust the challenge:
- Use a larger cup or bowl.
- Use a smaller ball.
Activity modified from: Healthy Beginnings for PreSchoolers 2-5