Age: Toddler, Preschool
Space requirements: Open space
- Children stand in a circle and work in a small group to keep a balloon in the air.
- Children count how many passes they can complete before the balloon drops.
- Physical skills: manipulating an object; eye-hand coordination; spatial awareness
- Non-physical skills: sharing; cooperation; problem solving; counting
Adjust the challenge:
- Children can throw and catch rather than keeping the item in the air.
- Allow a bounce between each hit.
- Use a heavier object such as a beach ball or a volleyball.
- Increase the size of the circle.
Activity modified from: PlaySport.net