Space requirements: On-the-spot, small space, open space
- Ask children to draw various letters from the alphabet in the air around them.
- Children explore different ways of making letters: big, small, using different body parts (e.g., elbow, toe, nose).
- Physical skills: reaching; eye-hand coordination
- Non-physical skills: self-discovery; creative play; letter recognition
Adjust the challenge:
- Instead of letters, could also use shapes or numbers.
Activity modified from: Ophea Early Learning Resource