Age: Preschool, Kindergarten
Equipment: Pool noodles, ball
Space requirements: Open space
- Children play a game of hockey but instead of sticks and a puck, they play with pool noodles and a light weight ball such as a beach ball or wiffle ball.
- Children work on successfully passing the ball within a small group rather than scoring goals.
- Physical skills: sending and receiving an object; eye-hand coordination; bending; aim and accuracy; spatial awareness
- Non-physical skills: cooperation; sharing; critical thinking
Adjust the challenge:
- Use shorter pool noodles which will be easier to control.
- Introduce a goal children should try to score on.
Activity modified from: Sudbury Children’s Services Physical Activity Resource Guide for Child Care Centres