Space requirements: Small space, open space, on-the-spot
- Children work with a partner but every child has a ball.
- Partner 1 tosses the ball up in the air and does a trick before catching (e.g., clapping hands).
- Partner 2 tries to do Partner 1â€™s trick.
- Next, Partner 2 does a trick that Partner 1 has to imitate.
- After the partners have tried each otherâ€™s tricks, they find new partners.
- Physical skills: manipulating an object; eye-hand coordination
- Non-physical skills: listening and following instruction; critical thinking
Adjust the challenge:
- Use a scarf rather than a ball.
- Children work by themselves to master a trick before sharing it with a partner.
- Children can string together tricks.
- Children perform an on-the-spot physical activity before each trick, such as 5 jumping jacks or running with high knees.
Activity modified from: Active for Life