Equipment: Ball, pylons
Space requirements: Open space
- Divide the children into 2 equal groups.
- Each group stands in a single-file line, facing the other group.
- Set up 2 pylons about 2 metres apart, creating a goal, in between the 2 groups.
- The first child in one of the groups kicks a ball through the goal and to the first child in the other group.
- After the child kicks the ball, they move to the end of the other group’s line.
- The children continue kick the ball between the groups and switching sides.
- Physical skills: sending and receiving an object; kicking; eye-foot coordination; spatial awareness; running
- Non-physical skills: sharing; cooperation; critical thinking
Adjust the challenge:
- Increase the space between the pylons.
- Roll or bounce the ball instead of kick.
- Decrease the space between the pylons.
- Have 2 sets of pylons the children try to kick the ball through.
Activity modified from: PlaySport.net