Age: Toddler, Preschool, Kindergarten
Equipment: Hula hoops, bean bags
Space requirements: Open space
- Set up four hula hoops (fruit baskets) in each corner of the activity area and scatter bean bags (spilled fruit) around the activity area.
- Children move around the activity area, avoiding the pieces of fruit.
- On your signal, children pick up a piece of fruit and return it to a fruit basket, one at a time.
- Physical skills: coordination; reaching; bending; eye-hand coordination; spatial awareness
- Non-physical skills: listening and following instructions
Adjust the challenge:
- Children can sort the fruit based on the colour of the bean bag.
Activity modified from: Active for Life