Age: Infant, Toddler
Space requirements: Small space
- Hold onto your childâ€™s hand as they climb up the steps.
- Encourage a step-together, step-together pattern.
- Repeat the same pattern going back down the steps.
- Physical skills: climbing; leg strengthening; coordination; spatial awareness
- Non-physical skills: listening and following instructions; concentration; self-discovery; learning directions (up and down)
Adjust the challenge:
- Start with crawling up and down the steps.
- Encourage the children to climb on their own (but with supervision close by).
Activity modified from: LEAP BC (Literacy, Education, Activity and Play) Move