Equipment: Pylons, bean bags
Space requirements: Open space
- Place five pylons in a row with enough space for a child to move around them.
- Children each have a bean bag and weave it around the pylons using their feet.
- When they reach the end of the pylons, children try to make their bean bag ‘jump’ by kicking it off the ground and toward a wall.
- Physical skills: manipulating an object; kicking; eye-foot coordination; spatial awareness
- Non-physical skills: critical thinking; problem solving; pattern awareness
Activity modified from: Ophea Early Learning Resource