Space requirements: On-the-spot
- Set up your baby in a sitting position.
- Move them to a standing potion by placing your hands under your baby’s armpits to protect their shoulder and elbow joints.
- Once standing, hold onto your baby’s hands for a few seconds.
- Return your baby to a sitting position and repeat.
- Physical skills: bearing weight, changing positions
- Non-physical skills: learning directions (up and down)
Activity modified from: LEAP BC (Literacy, Education, Activity and Play) Move